This aim of the RETT project is to facilitate the development and transfer of renewable energy technologies from China to Ghana along with the support required to make the technologies effective, including training and capacity building, transfer of know-how and best practices.
The project has therefore put in place mechanisms to facilitate actual transfer and demonstration of technologies with potential up scaling by the private sector.
To do so, the project is implementing projects to demonstrate sustainable business models that will enable the commercialization of identified RE technologies.
Key technologies that are being developed involve the following:
The RETT project signed MoUs with a number of Research and Training Institutions to conduct studies in RE Technology modalities to guide technology transfer and Prefeasibility Studies for the above listed technologies.
The project partnered with the following institutions;
- Coucil for Scientific and Industrial Research - IIR
- Coucil for Scientific and Industrial Research - WRI
- Koforidua Technical University
- Kumasi Technical University
- Energy Center, KNUST
The major outputs of the Demonstration Project Activities are listed below:
A. RE Technology Selection Modalities:
The Project has developed RE Selection Modalities for the following Technologies:
• Technology Selection for Mini-Hydro conducted by CSIR-WRI;
• Technology Selection for Solar PV and Pumps for Irrigation conducted by Koforidua Polytechnic;
• Technology Selection for Biogas for Industrialization developed by CREK;
• Technology Selection for Biomass Cookstoves.
A meeting was organized in March 2016 for the researchers to discuss their findings on the technology selection criteria. Click here to read presentations
B. Prefeasibility Studies and Status of Development of RE Demonstration Projects
Prefeasibility study reports were produced by research partners in the various Renewable Energy Technologies. A validation workshop was organized for feedback on the result of the assignment. Click here to download reports
C. Reports Project Implementation